Monday, December 10, 2007

Panaderos

Well, let me just tell you about the coolest thing about Peru....ok, maybe not the coolest, but a good one. Twice a day a man comes by with a little cart and a horn...just to let you know that there is fresh bread ready to buy. Fresh bread of every type. You have your french bread, butter bread, soft, crunchy, sweet, filled, you pick it you´ve got it. Plus you can get 8 pieces of rolls or any type of bread for 1 sol...which is about 30 cents. Cool, huh? Ya just gotta be careful that you don´t eat too much...you could gain weight really fast without even noticing. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you'll have fun getting ready for Christmas! I convinced Preston to let me put up our tree even though we won't be here for Christmas. But it totally puts you in the spirit. I'm like you, what traditions should we have, what should we eat! Luckily I don't have to decide that until next year. But we have started one tradition this year. We have early Christmas, Mid-Christmas and Christmas. So what we do is open one present for early and one present for mid Xmas then the rest on Christmas! I just couldn't handel having so many present under the tree this year! Well have fun, and eat a piece of yummy bread for me!

Melanie said...

that would be so awesome!! I used to be known for my bread consumption. When I was on a student trip to Europe, our alarm didn't work one morning and we missed breakfast. So at the first stop, I bought a loaf of bread and the teachers just laughed at me. My roommates, who also slept in, bought donuts. Go figure