Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Lil Christmas Project

Ok, so I got all crafy on yall. I´m really not a crafty person, but who knows maybe I´m changing. I wanted to make some fun Christmas decorations. So one day I was playing with the cardboard toilet paper roll and came up with an ingenious idea. A Countdown Christmas Calendar! I guess you could call it CCC. Now as you can see below...there is a star and numbers on each Christmas tree. That´s right, those green things are lil Christmas trees. All you have to do is move the star to the next day to countdown until Christmas. I had fun making it with my sister-in-law. Now we can keep track of how many more days we have to prepare EVERYTHING! I think I must be behind schedule. Ahhhhhhhhh!
Let´s not forget all the other fun Christmas projects we´ve done. Christian, Lucy (Christian´s sister) and I all took a part in this one. Snowflakes! It may be summertime in Peru but in the Diaz Family Apartment its Winter. Each has their own design and style. Here´s just an example.
Don´t you worry that´s not everything. I thought I´d try my hand at the whole craft store Christmas items...garland...hand-made bow...and other cute little things. Take not of the little horn. Cool huh? Here´s the bow...I know its not that crafty, but I had fun making it...and I feel proud of myself.
And we can´t forget about the Christmas lights. The light sing 10 different Christmas songs...so if the Christmas music isn´t playing on the computer...I just have to turn on the lights.
And you can´t forget the "interesting" lit up Christmas wreath.
That just about finishes us our decor for Christmas. We/I had a great time setting it all up. Now its just a countdown until Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go, it looks very christmasy! Don't you love to be crafty? I just got crafty this year but I am really enjoying myself, I am always so proud of everything I make. I am loving the advent calendar!

Amy said...

Michelle that bow is absolutely perfect, I can't believe how good you did! Now I was hoping for pictures of the entire apartment. I would love to see it, if you get a chance sometime!

Melanie said...

I love your decorations!! The advent calendar is so creative! I'm impressed. My Christmas decorations are sad representations of your paper snowflake... Yay for pulling out all the stops for crafts though!