Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas!!

Well, I suppose wedding pics and mangos aren´t all that fit for the season. Well, I think that it is time that I get on the ball and get into the spirit. I suppose its a little harder this year, because here its summer time...there´s nothing cold about the weather...and I haven´t been home for Christmas for quite a few Christmases. This will be my 3rd consecutive Christmas outside of the country and away from home or I guess now its my parent´s house. Crazy, huh? But I´m excited and trying to get ready. I´m trying to put the idea of snow here in our apt even though almost somebody here has ever even seen real snow. I guess that´s part of the fun. We´re going to have so many Christmas traditions in our family is not even funny. When will we open presents...midnight on Christmas Eve or when we wake up Christmas Day? What will we eat? Will we put up stockings? When does Santa come if everybody is awake until 2 or 3 in the morning? Where do you find a cheap plastic tree? (real ones don´t grow here) Lots of questions, huh? Well, we´ve decided what we did want to eat. I big, fat roasted chicken. Watermelon, ya ever eaten watermelon on Christmas? I haven´t and I´m dying to try it! Hot chocolate, Panatone...its the best kind of sweet bread on the planet!!! Sorry guys, you just can´t find it in the U.S. only in Latin American countries...mmmmmmmmmmmm. I ate a ton in my mission. Everything else is up in the air. We are excited. We just have to get the through the end of semester and get to Christmas. The cool thing is that here the school year ends in December not May...so then you have 3 months to play. Well, that´s some of my Christmas thoughts! Merry Christmas to all!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow Christmas in peru is different for sure. I am sure you will have a blast though. I can't imagine haveing watermelon at christmas so you will have to tell us all how it goes.