Sunday, November 23, 2008

Moments in pregnancy

I´m sure several of you have gone through some sort of back pain in your life. I just have never known it to be such a constant thing. Well, baby Diaz is about 31 weeks along and boy does my back ache. It seems to ache sitting down, laying down, standing, walking...pretty much all the time. I can usually change what I´m doing to take it away for a little bit, but its really annoying. But I´m getting the pregnancy "waddle" down.

Other than that pregnancy isn´t too bad. You know the basic stuff. A little bit of nauseousness every now and then, trouble bending over. I can´t see my toes anymore. You know, all the normal symptoms. I get tired, but have been very blessed to have an active baby that lets me know that he´s ok. Now he does have a habit of pushing in weird places causing me to be short of breath, be shocked in weird embarassing moments, etc.

Today I was teaching my sunday school class for the youth 14-17 and the baby moved so suddenly that it shocked me, I made a weird face, and ran out of breath before I could finish my sentence. Of course, the young women thought it was the cutest thing ever and the young men had a good laugh. Funny how that works, huh?

Oh, another scary pregnancy moment. Yesterday, I went out with my mother-in-law to stop by people´s houses to invite them to the baby shower she´s throwing me. Well, needless to say the streets here don´t have curbs, but every now and then people will put a giant curb in front of their house going perpendicular to the street. Well, needless to say my mother-in-law was in a hurry and floored it and hit one of those unseen curbs. My sister-in-law was thrown from the back seat towards the front and needless to say baby Diaz got a pretty big shock. OUCH! My tummy ached like no other and I couldn´t breath. It was horrible. I got home and put my feet up and rested until I felt better. The good thing is that that night baby Diaz started moving a bit. I was really worried. I think he got really shocked because he didn´t move as much as normal until about 2 p.m. today. He´s over the shock it looks like. But, a scary experience needless to say.

Those are just some of my pregnancy moments. What are some of yours like?

3 comments:

Amy said...

wow that would be totally scary. I definately wouldn't be riding in a car with her any more! I'm glad he's moving more now and is okay! You know stuff like that could make you go into premature labor? Or at least things shocking like that I think could be really bad. Anyway at least he's moving and everything is well.

Sarah Hastings said...

Ahh backpain, pregnancy wouldn't be complete without it. I think that is one of the hardest parts because it makes you so uncomfortable all of the time.

Amber Hooten said...

My back pain was THE worst. I had siatica (spelling?) really bad with Elyse and even worse with Madyson. It gets so bad that I can't stand on my feet. I used to only get it while pregnant, but for some reason it has come back the past few months. It is especially worse if I have been doing a lot of hard labor like cleaning or something. And NO I am NOT pregnant!!! Good luck with this little guy! Sorry it has been so long since I have written. You are on my mind though.