Thursday, July 10, 2008

So, what do you put in a blog?

Ok, so this question has gone through my head sooooooo much. I have a blog and I don´t even write in it. How lame is that? (Don´t answer that.) Well, honestly there really isn´t anything all that interesting happening. I am proud of myself though. Lately, I´ve been REALLY tired. I mean REALLY tired...so I haven´t been up to much housecleaning. I´ve done minimum housecleaning for a while. You know, dishes and sweeping, and putting stuff away. Well, today I swept and mopped all the floors, super cleaned the kitchen, AND super cleaned the bathroom. Christian just might be surprised/or notice when he gets home. I asked Amy one day what I should put in these blogs...she just said ordinary stuff. Sometimes I see all these blogs with kids in all the pics that I just don´t know what to put. So, as far as ordinary stuff goes...its kinda like this. Yesterday, was National Strike day in Peru. Something about the mines and the money it produces here. Crazy stuff, huh? Its insane how often there are strike...basically when this happens NOBODY works unless its in a calm area and you can walk there. Transport is completely down and its kinda like a holiday...at home...within walking distance. So, yesterday was kinda weird. We woke up to sirens just to look out the window and see a teenager running as fast as he could and the police right behind him. Well, the police started knocking the crap out of him and some of the neighbors started yelling at the police for them to stop. I guess I´ve gotten kinda used to it...but its definately not something I´ve seen in the U.S.A. The rest of the day was beautiful. The sun was out and we just kinda hung out. I think I know why Peru is considered a 3rd world country. Well, for one there´s always some sort of strike. This year alone there´s been at least 6. Nobody studies, works, or anything. And they don´t have things like "bad weather days" where they make up the days. So, if nobody is working and everybody´s always mad at each other its kinda hard to progress. But, there´s nothing really all that dangerous or unpleasant unless you go to the center of the problem. We just stay away from it. So that´s probably the news in Peru. How´s that for a new blog. Hope it puts me back into the blogging world.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh FINALLY! Its about time. I'm so happy to see a blog! Wow I didn't realize they had strike days. That is kind of cool and nice to have a "holiday." It totally puts you back into the blogging world yay Michelle!

Scott Blog said...

That's a great blog! If that's what you call everyday stuff then you'll have really great posts all the time :) Hope you guys are doing well!
Tina Scott

sashana said...

hey i had the same exact problem, i didnt know what to put in my blog. so i had to start putting random things about my in it. so its glad to see im not alone