Thursday, April 17, 2008

The New Look

Well, its finally happened. I cut my hair...and it turned out cute. Photos yet to come...don´t you worry. Ok, so I have to admit I was really nervous. The thing is my mother in law told me to go to a specific salon, because they apparently do really good haircuts. BUT, the last time I went there I was butchered. I mean literally butchered. It was too short to do anything and then Christian (my husband) had to help me fix it. What a nightmare! So, several months later I´m going to the same stylist. You´d think I had learned my lesson. I was set on how I wanted it cut...until Lucy (my sister in law) and I started looking at magazines. Well, I found one I liked. So, it about 5-8 minutes I was done. It wasn´t exactly like the pic...it was better. She cut it more or less the same style...just adjusted it to my type of hair. The thing I did like is that she asked me before she started snipping. So, now I´ve got a new hair cut. AND, might I add its very managable. I only have to form or blow dry the front 2 strands (I´ve got some major wave there) and then everything else air dries right where it should be. The other part of the "new look" is that I have lost weight. I doubt any of you have seen me this weight since 8-9th grade. It not too extreme, however...I have gotta eat more and do some weight training. For so many years I had tried not to gain weight but stay healthy and here in Peru I don´t have to do anything and I lose/maintain my weight and eat healthier than any other time in my life. Crazy, huh? So, what was that quote...oh thats right...The only thing constant is change.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Michelle I can't wait to see pictures! I have had some bad hair cuts the past couple of times. I'm glad yours turned out so well! Post pictures soon!!!! Congrats on the weight loss thing, that is always nice!

Amber Hooten said...

How did you do it??? I have been trying since Mady was born. I am almost to my pre-pregnancy weight. The last ten pounds are difficult for me to lose! Great job on doing that! Although you've looked great before. Can't wait to see the new hair cut!

The Clarks said...

Hey! It's your old roommate Christine. I have a blog now. Email me at c.clark10@gmail.com and I'll invite you! Hope you're doing well! - Christine