Friday, April 4, 2008

Change

You know its interesting how life changes. I´ve been thinking about these changes in family lately. I have fond memories of playing Rummikub Sunday evenings with my parents and siblings. I remember getting home late at night to jump in my parent´s bed and tell them about my exciting excursion out. I remember going off to school and sitting in a little nook talking to my parents for hours. In the mission I almost couldn´t sleep a wink the night before Mother´s Day and Christmas. I know I´m weird. The interesting thing is that the lives of my siblings have changed too. I suppose I thought that I could go about changing my life and that everybody else would stay frozen in time. Anyways, it appears that people did not freeze in time. I just haven´t been around for all the changes. Two and a half years since I left for the mission. One brother: Divorced and remarried. One sister: 2 babies and moved to Arizona. Brother: Returned from the mission and is studying at BYU. Sister: Studied at BYU-Idaho and now a missionary in West Virginia. Brother: About to graduate High School and does all sorts of extracurricular activities. Mom: Working Full-Time (she never worked outside of the home much while growing up). There´s been lots of changes. The biggest and best change was when I was married and sealed to my eternal companion, Christian. I never would have thought that my life would change so much marrying him. Its a wonderful change. My friends lives have changed and keep changing. Somebody once told me the only thing constant is change. I believe its true. Remember, THE ONLY THING CONSTANT IS CHANGE!

2 comments:

Brian said...

so what about dad? he's changed, theres more gray hair than ever before.

Sarah said...

Its true, life is always changing. I have had enough changes in the past year to last a lifetime. I am just glad that the gospel is always constant, we can depend on Heavenly Father to be the same yesterday, today, and forever.