Tuesday, September 30, 2008

English Classes

I noticed it had been a while since I blogged. Well, I need your opinion. With expenses of pregnancy and a new baby coming up I was doing some thinking of some sort of job I could do to earn a lil extra. Can´t quit school. So, I was thinking that perhaps one of the biggest things in demand here is English classes. Now, I´m not talking about the literture classes in high school type stuff. I´m talking about the language. You know its funny. Everybody that speaks english as their first language take spanish classes in school and everybody that speak spanish take english classes in school. So, what I thought I´d do if give private tutoring classes. What better way to learn a new language than from a native speaker. Many people have asked me to teach piano and english classes. Well, I just don´t have a piano to be teaching classes...and the majority of people here don´t have a piano nor do they want to pay for the lessons (they want it free). So, english classes. I think that I´ll start by tutoring. You know parents want their kids to learn English well while they are in school and get good grades. So, I thought about making a few announcements at some of the private schools. I think it´ll go well, especially since my brother and sister in law have gotten much better grades in their English class since I married their brother. But, here´s my question. WHERE DO YOU START? HOW EXACTLY DO YOU TEACH ENGLISH CLASSES? Its quite different being able to speak, write, and understand it than teaching it and giving reasons to why the grammar is that way. Does anybody know a good website of basic grammar and pronunciation rules for English? It would be even better if its teaching from Spanish to English. Let me know what you think about my idea and if you know of any good websites for English grammar.

1 comment:

Amy said...

here's a website I found online http://www.1-language.com/ I don't know how good it is but it has free stuff there and could probably point you in the right direction on where to start. Good idea by the way, I think you could totally charge people and they'd totally pay for that!